Saturday 30 May 2015

A Song Inspiration Project for OMCF

Another challenge is happening at Open-Minded Crafting Fun and the theme this time is "Inspired By A Song". We have more awesome sponsors for this challenge offering up some generous prizes for the winners, which are drawn by random: Chi Chi Memories (1 free digi under $3.99 and a 15% off coupon); Enchanted Design Studio from Concetta Kilmer (3 images); Wonderstrange (a custom digi); Sentimental Susan (5 images). 

I used the image "Home Sweet Home" by Wonderstrange. As I was deciding which image to pick, I saw this house and immediately thought of the song "Our House" by Madness. I think the lyric here is definitely representative of my house. It's always loud and there are always a lot of people. I have five kids, how can there not be??
"Home Sweet Home"
I made the background with Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Victorian Velvet, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire. I used a white Molotow marker to make the snow falling from the sky, and a white Sharpie marker pen for the snow on the ground. I coloured the home with Copics and used a permanent fine tip pen to draw in "bricks".

I hope you like it. It was fun to make and I will have to have another go at the background. It turned out pretty well! The deadline for this challenge is midnight June 5, so head over there and show us what song inspires YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment