Friday 15 May 2015

New Release at Ppinkydolls

Hello everyone, and Happy Friday!! It is a long weekend here in Canada, and of course the weather is supposed to be lousy. I will take that as an opportunity to craft as much as possible! Today I have a new release from Ppinkydolls and another that she released last month. They are both super cute!!

The first one is "With My Pet". She was just released a couple of days ago. How precious is she?! I used Copics to colour her, and Shabby Blue Charms digital papers from Michele R. I tried to link back to the papers, but it appears the Shabby Blue isn't available anymore. Check out her shop HERE though. She has a lot of beautiful papers to choose from. I punched the butterflies out with a Martha Stewart punch; the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a By DieZyne stitched bracket die for the image.
With My Pet by Ppinkydolls
****
The next one is "Abi". I coloured her up for the Etsy shop and finally got around to putting her on a card. She is probably one of my favourites! I also coloured her with Copics after cutting her out with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals die. I used Michele R Vintage Flowers digital papers and flowers from I Am Roses. The lace is from Live & Love Crafts. 

I really love Ppinkydolls for making shabby themed cards. I think they work really well. For anyone interested in colouring Ppinkydolls, you might want to lighten the image before printing so the shading isn't so dark. It is the question I get asked the most, "Why doesn't yours look as shaded as the one in the store?" I always lighten the image before printing. I then have to go over their eyes with either black colour pencil, or I use W7 or W9 to darken those black areas back up.

Make sure you check out the Ppinkydolls Facebook page for monthly contests and occasional freebies!! 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Myndi both your cards are gorgeous the images are so beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous images. Fab cards Myndi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lightening the print on my digi's although sometimes its a challenge to colour - but the end result is always worth the extra effort.
    Beautiful cards Myndi, I especially like the way you've coloured their hair.

    ReplyDelete