Sunday 10 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I hope you get to take it easy today and let the men in your life take care of you, or your children, or whoever your significant others are. I decided to do a post for Mother's Day because I went to mail my mom's card and they wanted almost $20 to mail it. Well, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to things like that. If I weren't seeing her in a few weeks I would have went ahead and mailed it, but we will be going to my oldest daughter's high school graduation at the beginning of June, so I think she'll understand if I just bring it to her then. I don't think she would mail a card for $20 either. Anyway, I decided to write a blog post for her as a little present and so she can see the card I made for her.

My mom and I don't live close to one another. She lives in Kentucky and I'm in Alberta, so we only see each other a couple times a year. That is hard for someone like myself who is a self-proclaimed mama's girl. I cried, and I mean cried, when I left home. It was very hard for me. Since then, we've rarely been in the same state, or the same country, or even on the same continent for that matter. We had a few years that we both lived in Florida, so that was awesome, but now here we are again in different countries. My mom worked really hard as a single parent to raise my sister and I. It wasn't easy and I admire her and love her for it more than I can ever tell her.

So Happy Mother's Day Mom!! I love you more than it is possible to tell you!!

On my card, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I Am Roses. The lace and the pearl string are from Live & Love Crafts. The dove is from Wild Orchid. I used Vintage Flowers digital papers from Michele R Designs.

This sentiment is from Verve Stamps. I stamped it with Color Box Espresso pigment ink and heat embossed it with Recollections clear detail embossing powder.

The butterfly is from Live & Love Crafts. I glued glass beads on for the body. I got that idea from tofa. She has some fantastic projects on her blog. Check her out HERE!

My mom, pregnant with me. We won't talk about what year it was. ;-)
At the lake last summer during her visit. (My oldest daughter isn't in the picture)
Thanks for visiting! I hope you all have a great Mother's Day, or a just a great Sunday if you're not a mom. xx

I am entering this in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Beautiful card. And wonderful pictures.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and beautiful sentiment
    Happy Mothers Day to you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom will love her card. It is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cad, Myndi! Those flowers are awesome! Great family pics! Thanks for sharing both with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete