Sunday 19 February 2017

Poppy Field

It's time for Team 1's Sweet Sunday post! I used the watercolour stamp Poppy Field for today's card. I also used a sentiment stamp from the Freehand Border Phrase Set.


I mixed the crimson and the blue from the Ken Oliver Color Burst Brights set with some water in a mister and made a dark purple. I sprayed the watercolor paper with water, then sprayed the stamp with my purple mist and stamped it on the damp paper. I held it down for about ten seconds to let the colour soak into the paper and then lifted the stamp. I was lucky to find some paper scraps that perfectly match the colour I created with the Color Bursts. I embossed them with a Cricut embossing folder. I added black dots with a Perlen Pen from Viva Decor randomly around the card to finish it off. I love that Perlen Pen. I think I need to buy a whole bunch more in a variety of colours. 

A new challenge was launched on the Rubbernecker Blog on Valentine's Day, so make sure you pop over there and check it out. There are two prizes of $25 and $15 up for grabs!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful, I love purples. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete