Wednesday 15 April 2015

Spring at Ppinkydolls

Spring has sprung, even where I live in Alberta. The snow has melted and the trees are starting to bloom. I'm so glad winter is over. It's my least favourite season of the year. Ppinkydolls has some great new Spring themed digital stamps. One of my favourites spring stamps though is an older one, "Raining Day". I've used that one for one of my cards today. The other is "Owl", and I have made two totally different cards to share with you in terms of style. One is pretty simple, the other a little more dressed up. 

The first one is "Owl". I used papers from Michele R Designs and embellishments from Bo Bunny, Live & Love Crafts, and Wild Orchid crafts. I used a Spellbinders die for the die cut around the image. I also used Tim Holtz distress inks in Victorian Velvet and Tumbled Glass, along with Shabby Pink Frantage around the image. Of course, I coloured her with Copics. I kept the colours soft and muted.

"Owl"

The second card I made is "Raining Day," and has a totally different feel. The colours are bright and Springy! Since I did so much on the scene around her, I didn't dress the card up. I kept it simple. I also coloured her with Copics.

"Raining Day"

Make sure you check out the Facebook challenge going on in the Ppinkydolls Facebook group this month!! The theme is Easter. Here are a couple of the Easter digis I coloured up, but have been so busy I haven't been able to put them both on cards:

Two Bunny Friends
Mrs. Rabbit
Thanks so much for stopping by!! 

I'm entering my "Raining Day" card into:

I'm entering "Owl" into:
The Crafter's Cafe - Animal Antics
Inspiration Destination - ATG

6 comments:

  1. Oh my these are amazing! I love the gorgeous colours and all beautifully coloured.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘April Showers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are so cute! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood's "April Showers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and adorable...thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "April Showers" challenge!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super!!! loved it Thank you for taking part in the crafter's cafe blog challenge no 112.

    ReplyDelete