Thursday 8 October 2015

Aurora Wings' Himalayan Blue Poppy

This is Himalayan Blue Poppy by Aurora Wings. It is also the first image I coloured completely with pencils. There are big flowers and it was my practice for doing the flower ballerina in a previous post. I think it came out pretty well, and she was just sitting on my desk waiting for something. There is still time left in the ATG challenge on the Aurora Wings challenge blog, so I got myself in gear and put her on a card so I can enter one more creation into the challenge. 
Himalayan Blue Poppy
I used Prismacolor Pencils only to colour her. The paper is from DCWV. I used Aged Ivory Frantage on the base mat. I cut the butterflies out with my Cameo and inked them up with some Tsukineko Dew Drop inks and added some teeny tiny pearls. The ovals are By Diezyne dies in Stitched Ovals. I kept the overall design simple. As with most AW digis, I just don't feel like over-embellishing the project and detracting from the image. But that's just me. ;-)

I hope you like it! I'm entering this into the Aurora Wings ATG challenge on the challenge blog. Fingers crossed!! Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Again, Myndi! Glorious coloring, with pencils, no less. Fabulous fussy cutting, too. Beautiful work. Thank you so much for joining our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work, Myndi! Lovely coloring with pencils, impressive fussy cutting and great mounting! Artistic through and through! I really appreciate the meticulous coloring and eye for detail. ;) Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings Challenge!!

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete