Wednesday 21 January 2015

Queen of Hearts

First let me start off by saying that we are celebrating having over 500 members in The East Wind Facebook group! We are having a colouring contest, and some games will be played as well. Unky has offered up some of her art prints as a prize for commenting on THIS POST and inviting a friend to join The East Wind. Make sure you check it out!! And if you're not a member of the FB group, JOIN! We would love to have you! 

Here we go! The 21st of every month is the start of a new challenge on The East Wind's Facebook page. This month, our theme is "Alice in Wonderland" and the image I'm using for my DT project is Lucy Loo 'Queen of Hearts'.



I decided to use actual playing cards as the background for my card because she is, after all, the Queen of Hearts. I staggered and layered them, using 3D foam dots. On the last two layers of cards, I doubled up the foam so they sat higher.



I coloured most of her with Copics, but I used Gelly Roll Metallic pens for her crown, scepter, and the jewels on her scepter; I used a Gelly Roll silver glitter pen to highlight her gown so it looked like silver thread in areas.


  


I put the Queen on with even more foam dots so she sat higher than everything else.
"Off With Her Head!"
I also used Spellbinders dies, my Cameo to cut out the baroque heart, and flowers from I Am Roses.
I had a lot of fun making this. I know someone who loves Alice in Wonderland, so I may put this in a shadow box and make a gift of it. I hope you liked it!

Thanks for visiting!! And make sure you check out The East Wind. Besides the Facebook group, there is the blog, with TWO challenges every month. All three challenges between the FB group and the blog have different themes, so there's sure to be something that will interest you and inspire you to craft. 

I'm entering this into the challenges at: 
Kit and Clowder
Craft Your Passion 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant and your colouring is amazing,Myndi.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion and hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete