Saturday 10 January 2015

New Years Resolutions with Open-Minded Crafting Fun

New Years Resolutions. Does anyone stick to them? I gave up a long time ago and resolved to make no more resolutions. So far, I'm doing great! 

I was so honored to be asked to join the design team over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, and today I have my very first project for them. First, let me start off by saying that we have so many AWESOME sponsors lined up for this year, and you should really stop by and check them out. 2015 is going to be absolutely FABULOUS!!! And we can't wait to see what you all come up with for our challenges! So right after you read this, SHARE it with your crafty friends on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever! And then GET TO CRAFTING!!

The sponsors for our "New Years Resolutions" Challenge are LiaStampz, Meljen's Designs, The Stamping Boutique, and Zuri Artsy Craftsy Digital Stamps. The stamp that I have used is by The Stamping Boutique, and it is called Pocket Patootie Sunshine. I think you have to live every day to it's fullest because you don't know what tomorrow will bring. Our parents are aging, our kids are sent off to school and out of our control and care almost every day, our loved ones are on the road, in the air, so many things can happen that can change our lives forever. You really have to "Live in the Moment". Be conscious of what you have right now and appreciate it. 


I coloured this with Copics. I used BG10-18 for the pocket and did some hand stitching along the edges. 
I got out my Cuttlebug and use my La-La Land Crafts dies for the butterfly and filigree corners.
I used By DIEzyne Stitched Brackets dies, and my Silhouette Cameo for the background.
I get my flowers from I Am Roses.

Thanks so much for visiting! Take time to check out the challenge this week at Open-Minded Crafting Fun and show us what your New Years Resolution is! The deadline for this challenge will be midnight on Friday, January 16th, 2015. 

And... Make sure you come back in a couple of weeks for our next challenge, which is Movie Inspiration!! I already have my movie picked out! It's "The Notebook". One of my faves! You'll have to come back here to see what I colour up! 

xx Myndi


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Myndi! I love the colours you've used and all those dies are gorgeous! Great inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Hanne, DT sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!!!I love your colouring and the design!!! Looks gorgeous!! Congratulations. Hugs. Ana DT Open-Minded

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your DT spot. Great first project too .

    Thanks for playing in the Scrappers Delight
    challenge Penny (Scrappers Delight NRDT)

    ReplyDelete