Monday 17 September 2018

Inspired by Music

It is time for a new challenge at Aurora Wings, and our theme is "Inspired by Music". Your creation can have lyrics or not, and your music can be from anywhere: TV show, movie, classical, rock, you name it. As long as we can see the song's inspiration in your piece, it's good! The sentiment is not a lyric from my song, but I think it is in the spirit of the song. Can you guess what my inspirational song is? 
FLYING KITTEN
My song inspiration was "Fly Like an Eagle" by Steve Miller Band. Maybe it's my odd sense of humour, but I thought this was funny. A kitten that would want to fly like an eagle, and he looks like he's enjoying himself while he's at it. It still makes me laugh. I was going through my AW images that I already had printed out ready to colour, and when I saw it the lyrics popped right into my head. So I just ran with it. You can find the image at the Aurora Wings store HERE.

I loaded up my Animals Colouring Class from Kit and Clowder for this because I really don't colour too many animals, and when I do, I don't do the detail fur and flicking I've done here. I pulled up the cat class and gave it a whirl, and I think it came out pretty good. I'll give myself a pat on the back for my first try. 😉 I used paper and sparklies from Kaisercraft, and a mix of jute ribbon, cheesecloth, and lace to layer under my image. The small cloud stitch die is from Rubbernecker Stamps. The tag is punch out from Stampin' Up. I inked up the edge of my tag and the image with some Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in Tea Dye. The sentiment stamp is from Finnabair's "Don't Forget to Fly" stamp collection.

Make sure you check out my team mates other inspirational pieces for this challenge on the  CHALLENGE BLOG. They are really amazing, and if a flying kitten doesn't inspire you maybe something else will. 😉 Scroll down and you can listen to my song and chill and imagine a cat trying to fly...

Our prizes this challenge will include:

1(one) Artist's Choice Winner to be chosen by Mitzi from all entries using an Aurora Wings image (Custom badge+3 single digital images)

1(one) Random Winner (3 single digital images)

Top 3 To be selected by the Design Teams from all entries (Custom badge+1 single digital image each)

You can find Aurora Wings here:


3 comments:

  1. This totally makes me giggle, Myndi. It's as cute as can be and your furry little kitten is precious beyond words. Fabulous coloring and such a sweet design. What a charming interpretation of the song! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.... then I also have an odd sence of humor because I thought this was hilarious. Great take on the theeme and the coloring is just amazing... You really should pat yourself on the shoulder. Fantastic. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so precious, Myndi!! You colored the Flying Kitten like one of my kitties, Anko, a long hair tortie, and I LOVE it. It was fun to read your process of deciding on the song and the image. Everyone seems to have a similar approach, yet the end result is all so original. Thank you so much for this utterly cute inspiration for today's new challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete