Monday 19 January 2015

New Release Monday at The East Wind

Happy Monday!! We start and end the weekend here at The East Wind with new releases. How awesome is that?! Today we have Lucy Loo "Song for Tears". Lucy Loo is a bad ass chick. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to colour her. My oldest daughter is a bad ass herself, and she was the first person I thought of when I saw this. Not the crying part, but the rebel. She is a rebel from head to toe, and always has been, but in a good "be myself and who cares what people say" way, not a "get in trouble and end up in jail" way. So I see her when I look at Lucy Loo sometimes. And since she is about 2600 km away from me, THAT set the theme of my project.



I coloured her with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13, R20
Hair: R57, R37, R35, R32; Prisma Pencils: Crimson Lake, Cool Grey 90%
Clothes: BV20's



I cut the cherry blossom tree with my Cameo; the filigree corner dies are from La-La Land Crafts. I used a Spellbinders die for the sentiment, and my flowers are from I Am Roses. I used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug, and then dabbed over the raised part with silver pigment ink.

We have a new Facebook challenge starting on Wednesday, so come check that out. Plus, The East Wind's Facebook page has reached 500 members, so as a celebration of that Unky has a big giveaway going on. Join the group so you can have a chance of winning some of her original art!
There are also two challenges a month on the blog. Come join us for some fun!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. This really did turn out beautifully, Myndi! Your coloring is superb, even if you did have to do it twice. ;D xxD

    ReplyDelete