Saturday 24 January 2015

Movie Inspiration

Over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges our current theme is Movie Inspiration. We have some wonderful sponsors providing us some wonderful images to work with too: Ike's Art, Sami Stamps, and Sassy Studio. I chose an image from Sami Stamps called "With You". At first, my inspiration was supposed to be The Notebook. I haven't met a woman yet who doesn't love The Notebook. The image I was working with wasn't exactly like the scene in The Notebook, but it was close enough. THEN I saw Little Women the other day. The one with Winona Ryder as Jo, and I forgot how much I loved that movie. At the end, Friedrich comes while Jo is gone and drops off her book that he's arranged to have published. She comes home, realizes he's been there, and runs after him. She brings him his umbrella that he's left behind, and it starts to rain; he opens his umbrella, asks her to marry him and there they are, under the umbrella, living happily ever after. So romantic! It doesn't hurt that I've always had a thing for Gabriel Byrne. So, in the end, that was my inspiration for this.


I used Copics to color the image. The background is watercolor. I used an Art Impressions cloud stamp at the top with water-based ink and dragged the ink out with a wet brush, the rest of it I did freehand.

Their feet are flat against the paper, but I used 3D foam circles under the umbrella, and I curved the umbrella so that it pops out from the paper. There's quite an exaggeration at the top where the umbrella pops out and curves over.

I used a watermark pen to go over the umbrella and then I embossed it with clear embossing powder. I wanted it to have that shiny vinyl finish some umbrellas have.

Make sure you check out Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! We love to see a variety of projects, not just cards!

Well, that was my movie inspiration! Now I want to watch Little Women again. And The Notebook. :-)
I hope you liked it. Please feel free to leave a comment below; I love to hear what you have to say!

Myndi xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Myndi, this is fantastic! I love the background and LOVE the way you've poped out the umbrella! Great inspiration for OMCF challenge!

    Hugs,
    Hanne, DT sis.

    ReplyDelete