Saturday 29 November 2014

Aurora 'Reindeer' by The East Wind

Hello everyone! It's bitterly cold here in Alberta today, -30 C, so let's do some crafting! Today I have coloured up The East Wind's Aurora 'Reindeer' and made her into a Christmas card for a card swap at Kit & Clowder. It turned out so well, I will definitely be doing another one for a family Christmas card. I'm also entering this into the DT call at The East Wind, because I just love all of Unky's art. She also does some amazing videos that you can watch on her You Tube channel.


I coloured this with Copics and a little bit of Prismacolor Pencils.
Skin: Copics E000, E00, E11, E04, E20
Eyeshadow: Pencils PC1024, PC1023
Hair: E29, E27, E25, E11
Reindeer: E40's
Jacket & Mitts: B90's
Fur trim and scarf: W00, W01, W03
Background trees: E42


I tried my hand at using Frantage again, with much better results this time. LESS IS MORE! I used a small dry paint brush to drop the Shabby Blue Frantage on the paper to keep it sparse. It worked quite well and gave me good control over how much Frantage I applied. I used a Martha Stewart  punch on irridescent glitter paper for the snowflakes. 


The flowers are from I Am Roses. I used a curly rose, cherry blossoms and miniature roses. I sprayed vellum adhesive glue over them and sprinkled them with clear glitter for a frosted look, although you can't see it well here, as it was hard to get a picture of the sparkle. 
I used the Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles die for the matte and the base of the card is made with Michele R Winter Frost digital paper.

I hope you like it! 

xxMyndi

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!! I am so honored to be the recipient of this gorgeous card!! Thank you so very much and I hope to stay in touch with you!!

    ReplyDelete