Wednesday 27 July 2016

Rubbernecker Stamps Showcase - Butterflies

Today I have another turn at making a card with some of the wonderful stamps at Rubbernecker. This time I'm using the two stamp set watercolour Butterfly 2 and the Fluttering By sentiment.

Butterfly 2
I used Ken Oliver Color Burst Brights, mixing the red and the purple, with a little more red than purple. My DP is DCWV Latte stack, and I used By DIEzyne stitched oval dies. The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.

Using the watercolour stamps can be a little bit of a trick until you do them a few times. This one came out a little messy, but overall I was happy with it. I don't think it's meant to be perfect, with clean lines and all. That being said, I did a second version using my Copics, the butterfly outline stamp from the Butterfly 2 set, and another Rubbernecker stamp called Butterfly Inchies.


I used Copics in V09, V06, V04, RV63, and V01, and BG01 and BG000. You can't see it in the photo above, but I clear embossed the burgundy paper with the Butterfly Inchies stamp. A better view is below from an angle. 
Butterfly Inchies
So the stamp is pretty versatile as far as using the watercolor portion or colouring it in yourself with whatever medium you prefer. My next plan with the Butterfly Inchies stamp is to stamp it and colour each little butterfly in with my Copics.

Check out the Rubbernecker Blog to see what else the team is up to. The team has a new creation for you almost every day this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment