Monday 25 July 2016

Rubbernecker Stamp Showcase - Blooming Poppies

I recently was asked to join a newly formed Design Team for Rubbernecker Stamps. My friend Cristena is leading the group so that was a bonus, then I took a look at their store and that was ANOTHER bonus! Holy smokes! They have some super awesome stamps in there!! Sentiments, watercolor stamps, backgrounds, images, you name it and they have it! Check out the blog launch HERE, and all the creations from the rest of the DT.

For my debut card, I'm using Blooming Poppies watercolor stamp and the Freehand Border Phrase Set.

Blooming Poppies
The poppies are a two stamp set, consisting of the stems and the petals. I used black Memento Ink for the stems, and Ken Oliver Color Burst Brights in Alazarin Crimson and Violet for the petals. I mixed the two together to create a deep burgundy. My DP is from DCWV Green Stack. I thought the red of the poppies really complimented the smoky blue of the paper. I used By DIEzyne stitched circle dies to cut out the poppies, sentiment, and an accent circle, which I placed behind the sentiment.

I was a little out of my element doing a stamp only card with no colouring involved, but I think the end result turned out pretty nice. I hope you like it, and make sure you check out their store and the new blog. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card - would love a video of how you applied the color to the stamps!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen! I've never done a video tutorial before; I wouldn't know where to start. lol! I can tell you though: I mixed the Color Brights with just a little bit of water on a pallette (I just use a little white plate), and I apply the colour on the stamp with a watercolour brush. Or you can use a water brush, but I prefer a regular brush because I feel I can control the water better. Hope this helps. :-)

      Delete