Monday 6 November 2017

Recycle Something Challenge

Its time for a new challenge at Aurora Wings and the theme this round is "Recycle Something". I love to collect boxes and I always have the intention to repurpose them but vey rarely do. This was the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Last Christmas I saved a Starbucks gift box from the trash. It was just a plain green cardboard box. (I almost forgot to take "before" pics so here you can see that I've already papered the box, but the lid is still unaltered.) 


I chose the image Christmas Floral for my project. I used Stampin' Up designer series Christmas paper from last year and Mod Podge to decorate the box and transform it from a ordinary green box. I debated papering the lid as well, but I liked the way the image stood out on the solid green. After I used Mod Podge to glue on the paper, I went over the paper with it to give it a little shine and seal it. 


I coloured the image with Copics, using a variety of greens and the R30s. I adhered the image with Mod Podge and then applied another coat over it to seal it.


Pop on over to the challenge blog to enter your creation(s). You can enter up to THREE times if you use an AW image on each entry! The prizes for this challenge are: 1 (one) Artist's Choice Award Winner to be selected from entries using Aurora Wings digis ($20 GC and Badge); 1 (one)  Random Winner ($20 GC); and a TOP 3 Winners to be chosen by the DT ($10 GC and Badge). This challenge runs until November 18. 

You can find Aurora Wings here:

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous recycling, Myndi! Your coloring of Christmas Floral is exquisite on the green and the paper you've chosen compliments it beautifully on the bottom. You've put me in the Christmas Spirit. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning coloring and I have a ton of theese boxes saved from the trashcans of my friends and family... lol. Maby time to use them... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really gorgeous, Myndi! I tend to horde boxes for either recycling or projects later - and I know that the actual opportunity may or may not come soon. I'm glad you had a chance to use the green box and turn it into this lovely floral box. Thank you so much for the beautiful inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely giftbox you made, wonderfull colouring, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete