Monday 9 April 2018

Poppies!

Hello!! I have a new card for you today from Rubbernecker Stamps using one of the many watercolor stamp sets they have. I love working with these, and I think I have finally gotten the hang of it! This was my first try! I used the Layered Poppy Set, along with the coordinating die, and a sentiment from the Butterflies are Free set. 


I cut the die first. I thought it would help me line the stamps up. Sometimes that can be a little challenging with these multi-piece sets. This set is two stamps: the outline and the petals. I stamped the outline with Ranger Archival Ink and gave the ink a few minutes to dry to make sure it wouldn't bleed when I wet the paper. While it was setting, I prepped my petal stamp with three different colours, using SU Stampin' Write markers: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight. I randomly applied the colour because the watercolour effect you are trying to achieve will look more natural if you are a little loosy-goosy with the ink. 


I wet the paper (Rubbernecker Water Color Paper) with a spray bottle, let it sit for a few seconds, then sprayed it again. Then I sprayed the inked stamp with water and pressed it to the paper. I let it sit on the paper for about five seconds or so, to let the colour absorb into the paper. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Juli's Garden" on the paper for the back mat. All the paper I used is SU Brights  cardstock, that coordinates with the ink. I glued some rhinestones into the little circles created by the embossing folder, and added some string pearls to the sentiment square. Those rounded square die cuts, by the way, Rubbernecker dies!! But you probably already knew that because I LOVE them and have been using them a LOT lately!!

So that's that! I hope you like it, and are inspired to try these watercolor stamps out. I've added all the links to all the Rubbernecker products I've used today below so they are easy to find:

No comments:

Post a Comment