There is an ATG challenge at Aurora Wings and I have been working on this ballerina digi for a couple of weeks now with my Prismacolor pencils. It has been a slow and arduous process, as I'm not usually one to use pencils, so there is a learning curve, plus there is a lot of work with pencils. It's not quite as easy as markers, I'm finding. It is a lot of fun and relaxing for my mind, although I think I am going to end up with carpal tunnel syndrome soon. I am being a bad student and skipping around the Kit & Clowder Perfecting Pencils class, and not doing the actual projects in the class, but watching the videos for "how to" advice. I think Alyce will just be glad I'm using the classes to learn, however I'm choosing to do it.
The image I used for this is Flower Ballerina. It is very intricate, which is why I wanted to use pencils versus Copics. I thought it would give me a better chance of shading without the ink moving into places I didn't want it to. I printed it at 3.75" tall, so that is really not very big. I had to have very sharp pencils.
The colours I used for her tutu are: Black Cherry, Pomegranate, Pink, and Deco Pink.
I kept the layout simple. I feel like Mitzi's images are so beautiful and detailed, it can be a real disservice to add too much bling to the card itself.
I am entering this into the ATG challenge on the Aurora Wings blog. If you love Aurora Wings, you should head over there and check it out!
Well I hope you like how it turned out! It was a labor of love. Thanks for stopping by!! xx