Monday 6 October 2014

Tiddly Inks - Sunny Day Wryn

This is my first blog post talking about a card I made! But first, an amazing thing happened to me recently: I was asked to be on the Design Team for The Stamping Chef! Say what?! That's what was running through my head when I saw the message from Miss Tamara van Wijk. I have only been colouring about a year and a half now, and I idolize Alyce Keegan over at Kit & Clowder. She does such beautiful colouring. I took her Skin & Hair class, and am just starting the Clothing class, so to get a request from TSC to be on their DT was overwhelming as I feel like I'm still a beginner at this. I'm a very lucky girl!! If you have any inclination to give colouring a go, then start with a class over at Kit & Clowder, and then get some Stamping Chef images to practice on! They're one of a kind and I LOVE them! 

I made this card for my niece's birthday in November. Tiddly Inks is one of my favourite stamp companies. Their images are so lovely! This is Sunny Day Wryn. I thought the colours were perfect for fall, and she definitely looks "sunny". I used Copic markers, and cut the "dream" with my Cricut Expression using the Storybook cartridge. The flower is by Petal Loo; the paper is just random paper I've accumulated over time, and I couldn't tell you the brand. Sorry!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! 




The Copic colours I used for her flower hat are: R08, YR07, YR04, Y17, Y15, Y11, Y000
For her shoes and shirt I used: Y17, Y15, Y11, Y000
Her skirt is: G20, G21, G24, G28
Her hair is one of my favourite colour combos: E11, E13, E15, E18
Her skin is: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the DT with TSC...and I too love the classes at Kit and Clowder and of course dear, sweet Alyce Keegan. I sure love this card you created with that lovely Tiddly Inks Image too...great colours and I can see you put your fine-flicking to good use!! Congrats on your new blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! I hear Alyce talking to me when I colour, "map out your cast shadows," "let your flicks flow." Lol! It works! :-)

      Delete